This year I’m being realistic about my New Year’s resolutions. They are quilt-related, of course – after all, what’s more important?
· Resolved: no more pressing over plastic-headed pins
· Resolved: no more fusing things to the ironing board cover.
· Resolved: no more sewing through fingernails. Use a stiletto.
· Resolved: Remember that the old adage about being more likely to cut yourself with a dull knife than a sharp one is for rotary blades, too.
· Resolved: Remember what Mom used to say, “Nothing good happens after midnight.” (Not at the sewing machine, anyway). Go to bed before making any more mistakes.
· Resolved: add care instructions to every quilt label. You never know.
· Resolved: Support the economy. Buy more fabric. Thread, too.
How about you? Have you made any resolutions yet?
Jan Magee, The Quilt Life