Free Giveaway Rules
The Quilt Life Free Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MEMBERSHIP IN THE AMERICAN QUILTER’S SOCIETY DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in the participant’s jurisdiction of residence at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Schroeder Publishing Co, Inc., (“Sponsor”), its promotional partners, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. TO ENTER: The “The Quilt Life Free Giveaway” (“Sweepstakes”) begins on May 1, 2012 and ends on June 7, 2012. To enter, go to http://www.quiltviews.com/prizes and access the Sweepstakes entry form. Complete the required information and submit your entry so that it is received by Sponsor’s server by 11:59 PM ET on June 7, 2012. Limit one entry per person. There is no benefit to entering more than once.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: On or about June 25, 2012, representatives of the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select three (3) winners. Each winner will receive one of the following prizes, with winners being drawn and prize awarded in the following order
- Margaret Miller’s Angle Play Templates
- One (1) yard of Benartex’s Baby Geniuses fabric
- T-Shirt Quilts Made Easy by Martha DeLeonardis
4. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner fails to respond within 10 days of Sponsor’s notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and (where legal) publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. Return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
5. GENERAL: All federal, state and local taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize, not otherwise specified, are the sole responsibility of winner. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; and [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participating in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, [c] to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and online, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the collection, processing and transmission of data; [b] lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; [c] any type of graphical or other error in the advertising or printing of the Sweepstakes or in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or [d] any condition that may cause the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; and in such event Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and to award the prize via a random drawing from among all eligible entries legitimately received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized Web site address. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originate at any other Internet Web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered at the time of entry. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence that winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Judge’s decisions are final and binding.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, by participating each entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning these official rules shall be governed by Kentucky law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in McCracken County in the state of Kentucky, United States, and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: [a] any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and [b] any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and [c] under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
8. WINNER LIST: To receive winner’s name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 1, 2012, to: “The Quilt Life Free Giveaway” Winner List, P.O. Box 3290, Paducah, Kentucky, 42002-3290. Winner’s name will be available on or about July 1, 2012.
SPONSOR: Schroeder Publishing Co, Inc., P.O. Box 3290, Paducah, Kentucky, 42002-3290 USA