If you like trying new quilting techniques, then you are going to love our newest AQS Publishing book by Margie Engel. Some Assembly Required: Mixed Technique Quilts will guide you through mixing and matching different technique and design options.
There are eight happy, fun quilts that each present a different design technique. You’ll learn to:
- Use a pre-printed panel
- How to fill in with Margie’s original X, Y, and Z strip-set blocks
- Combine applique and piecing or piecing and trapunto
- Highlight large scale fabrics.
- Add photographs, machine embroidery and embellishments.
- Expand your applique repertoire.
The quilts run the gamut of sizes, from small wallhangings to full-size quilts. The techniques make it easy to adapt and alter the quilts to the size you prefer. You are sure to be inspired to new creative heights!