Friday August 29th 2014

Free – Linda Hahn’s Mystery Block-of-the-Month Quilt Part 2

Here’s the second installment of Linda Hahn’s new mystery block-of-the-month quilt and the first where you will actually begin to sew your blocks.

This seven- part mystery quilt is absolutely FREE and there is no need to sign up.

Click here to download installment 2.

Click here to download installment 1.

We have posted the corrected PDFs for Parts 1 and 2. The links above should take you to the corrected material. If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Linda directly at lawnquilt@aol.com. Thanks everybody! Sylvia Thomas, AQS Office Administrator, sylvia@aqsquilt.com. (3/1/13, 2 pm)

Linda Hahn is the AQS author of the award-winning book, New York Beauty Simplified and her newest book, New York Beauty Diversified.

12 Comments for “Free – Linda Hahn’s Mystery Block-of-the-Month Quilt Part 2”

• Betty Murphy says:

Love batik’s and I love your color selection. Looking forward to this mystery quilt.

• diana says:

I was looking at the general instructions and the cut for the fabric
    for block and the are on the same for the first block. Have you changed something Love the colors

• Laurie says:

Linda a question on the Mystery BOM pattern square in square. Your instructions say cut 1 – 5 1/2″ Lime Green square, then cut on diagonal. My question is does only 1 of the 4 squares have a lime green piece? Thanks. Looking forward to this project. Laurie

• Granee Janee says:

Remember, Laurie, you are making 4 blocks, so each of the lime triangles will go into each of 4 blocks.

• Eileen says:

Just completed the first blocks for the Mystery quilt. It appears that there is an error in the cutting: Instead of cutting 1 – 5 1/2 inch lime green you need to cut 2. The second error I found was you will only need to cut 8- 5 1/2″ squares instead of 8. The blocks are fun to make and I look forward to Month 3.

• Eileen says:

I meant to say cut 6 – 5 1/2″ Medium PUrple blocks instead of 8. Sorry for the confusion.

• Peggy says:

I believe that I’ve found two slight errors in Month 2 blocks. You will need to cut (2) Lime Green 5 1/2″ sqs in half on the diagonal and also you only need to cut (6) medium purple 5 1/2″ sqs in half on the diagonal.

• Susan says:

I reviewed the fabric requirements in installment one. I think there are three errors in the cutting directions for installment two. The 5 inch center square color should be medium / dark blue, two lime green squares are needed, and the color for the eight 5 1/2 squares color should be medium pinky purple. Maybe someone from the AQS could confirm this.

• Chris Thornton says:

I assumed this was a mistake and we need two 5 1/2″ lime green pieces to use in four blocks.

• Laurie says:

thanks for the correction, being a mystery I could not assume that we needed 2- 5 1/2″ Lime squares, even though that made sense.
    Sylvia is there a site where we can post pictures and interact, like Flickr?

• Laurie says:

For all reading comments on this page Linda has a facebook page where you can interact and post photos through out this mystery BOM. It is on Facebook at Snake in the Grass Mystery Quilt. Get over there and join in with comments and photos:)

• Diane Hiller says:

I discovered the errors in the pattern yesterday, figured them out easily, but when adding the Teal quarter triangles, I believe that they are too small. I think the block needs to be cut at 6 inches, my seams are scant 1/4″ and the points are cut off when adding the last row. My blocks also did not even come close to 9 1/2″. I’m going to rip one out & try again with larger teal square.