Wednesday September 17th 2014

Webcasts – Attend Paducah Lectures at Home

If you can’t attend all four days of the show, you can now watch lectures and special events as they are webcast “live” at the AQS Quilt Show & Contest in Paducah, April 25 – 28, 2012.

Click this button to register.

You can choose a single lecture or event, or the best deal is to buy the all-inclusive ticket which entitles you to watch all of the events that are being webcast for this show. Once you purchase an event, you will be able to watch –

• “live” as it is being given live at the show
  • or “on demand” for up to 90 days following the event.

You can pay for the webcasts using your PayPal account if you have one, or pay with a debit or credit card. After payment has been processed, an eTicket number will be sent to you via the e-mail address you provide so you can log on to watch the event.

You can watch the events live, or you can view them “on demand” for up to three months following the event. You can view them as many times as you want during the 90 days after the show.

Now you don’t have to miss the whole show if you can’t travel to Paducah – view the webcasts online! Or, even if you are attending the show and don’t have time to take all of the lectures that you’d like, you can register for them and watch when you get back home.

Imagine seeing lectures and special events by some of the leading quilting instructors in the world from the comfort of your living room. It will be live during the Paducah AQS Quilt Show, April 25 – 28, 2012.

12 Comments for “Webcasts – Attend Paducah Lectures at Home”

• cas says:

Where do we find the list of webcast lectures?

• Sandra says:

Too expensive!!

• mh says:

Considering the expense, there’s not enough info on lecture content to help make choices.

• Sarah Ann Smith says:

This is a FANTABULOUS idea! I’ve already marked my calendar and copied over the hotlink so I can find this when Paducah is happening. Well done!

• Irene says:

Seriously? Too expensive!

• Bonnie says:

Hmmm, yes, I think it is too expensive, or conversely, not compelling enough for me to spend that kind of money. Better spent on fabric probably. I’m not thrilled about the association using this opportunity as a fund-raising venture. For the good of the quilting populace, a much reduced fee would be nice. I’m also wondering what the quality of the transmission will be… capable of full screen? good sound? multiple cameras? good closeups? no electronic noise in the image projected?

• Marcia says:

I think this is a great idea. I’ve participated in many webcasts (videos of meetings). Most are well done and worth my time. I like the idea of AQS members getting a reduced price for these webcasts. Good way to learn from the best and still be at home.

• Dorothy says:

For the cost there’s not enough new information that the lectures appear to offer. Seeing what’s been done in the past is all info that I have in my home library or can obtain through my library system for free. I would have been more inclined to attend an actual class session at the class rate than the lectures. Several presenters are not even quilters that I care to hear talk. Sorry to be a wet noodle!

• Gina Ice says:

Please—to the Society Board. If I was running the lecture series, I would only have the lectures available from a stored library, after the show. I would make them available to “view” for around $2 each time. You can have the “live” version like you have now, but add a ‘stored’ library with a very low price, where folks can go back and watch it, once the show is over. It just makes more sense to have a lower price option availabe. Wouldn’t you rather have a million people all over the world viewing at $2 each after the show? You can store all types of the classes from all the artists.