Thursday August 21st 2014

AQS – Libby Lehman Benefit Auction

On April 30, 2013, Libby Lehman had a ruptured aneurysm in her doctor’s office and she was rushed to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where she had surgery. Several days later she suffered a stroke and vascular spasms. Her medical bills are mounting and will continue. This auction is to help with Libby’s medical expenses.

When: Friday, August 16, 2013
Time: 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Where: Ballroom B – DeVos Place Convention Center
303 Monroe Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503

You can help…

• Donate items for the auction – quilt(s) and other quilt-related items.

• Ship items to arrive in Paducah by Monday, August 5, 2013, including a 3” x 5” card that lists a description of the item, its approximate value, and your name and address, to:

AQS
Attn: Libby Auction
5801 Kentucky Dam Rd.
Paducah, KY 42003
270-898-7903

• Attend the auction and bid on quilts and other quilt-related items.

You can follow along with Libby’s progress on her Caring Bridge page. Libby’s sisters make frequent updates. Here is the link: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/libbylehman

10 Comments for “AQS – Libby Lehman Benefit Auction”

• Cindy B says:

Will there be online bidding?

• Patricia Connolly says:

So sorry to hear of Libby’s illness. Had not heard this news before.Having spent a hilarious evening in Paducah enjoying Libby’s experiences
    My friend Pat Beech and I wish her a speedy and complete recovery.
    with best wishes.
    Patricia Connolly

• Nancy R. says:

Will the Libby Auction be webcast, or must one attend in person to bid on items?

• Sylvia says:

We will not webcast any events at this year’s QuiltWeek® event. We hope you will be able to join us. Sylvia Thomas, AQS Office Administrator

• Kathy Mueller says:

Lighthouse Quilt Guild will be having our annual show in Grand Haven, Michigan next weekend. Many of our members and guests will also be at the AQS show in Grand Rapids. We would be happy to post a flyer or have handouts at our show to advertise the auction. Let me know if we can help. Also, if you need help with the auction, I could get some people to help.

• gulten ilter says:

Iam so sorry for Libby. I am praying for Libby. I am living in Istanbul in Turkey. I want a quilt for Libby. But shipping is very very expensive. What can I do For Libby. I am learn a lot of things from Libby. I love Libby.
    Gulten Ilter

• Sylvia says:

If you can’t attend the benefit auction for Libby during AQS QuiltWeek® – Grand Rapids, Michigan, on August 16, 2013, you can still help Libby and her family. Click on this link to view the family’s journal entry on Caring Bridge regarding donations to Libby’s medical fund: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/libbylehman/journal/42/0